[Ktechlab-devel] simulator integration and GUI support

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:21:09 UTC 2012

  Hi,

recently I was working on the integration of the simulator library
into the existing GUI. While checking the code, I found that we need a
way to notify the simulator about changes in the visualized circuit.
Currently there is a signal in IDocumentModel, but i can't find the
code that triggers this signal. Does it need to be implemented?

For now, there is a branch called simulator-integration, in which for
each newly created document, a simulator is created. This simulator
needs to plug in into the simulator library and (i) refresh the model
when the user edits the circuit (ii) refresh the simulation results
stored in the model. For this two operations, we need to notify the
simulator about changes.

I will work on the simulator-part, so newly created circuits will be
simulated. Meanwhile it would be great to have update events about
model changes in the GUI part. When the simulator part is working,
then I will try to completely integrate the GUI.

Have a nice weekend,

 Zoltan