[Ktechlab-devel] Project components dependencies

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Jan 26 10:28:47 UTC 2010

On Sunday 24 January 2010 01:50:34 P Zoltan wrote:
>   Meanwhile I've found a huge problem with the qvector header: Qt has a
> header with the same. And it also tests inside if QVECTOR_H is defined. So
> I've got several very strange build errors... Due to this, I've renamed
> the math files to quickvector and quickmatrix.
Eeks, that's indeed a problem ;) another solution would have been to use a
proper namespace for that. But I'm fine with renaming the files, also.

>   The original error was due to kdebug.h being included. It wasn't used
> anywhere.
>
>   Just pushed some tests in my git repository, in the branch testing-1,
> folder matrixtest.
>
>   Bulding the test: enter the build directory, then with "qmake-qt4"
> command generate the Makefile; type make, and get a "build" executable.
> Running the executable is equivalend of running the tests.
Let me comment on your work. At first, it didn't compile for me.
quickvector.cpp uses memset, which is declared in <cstring>. After including
it, it compiles and runs fine.

Next step would be to integrate this into the kde4-port branch. This should be
done without the eigen sources. We should just add a (soft) dependency to
eigen for the tests. And built the test, when eigen is found. I could do that
in the cmake files. Shouldn't be much of a problem. Then we should merge your
changes to the maths classes into the kde4-port branch.

Another minor issue, i mentioned, while reading the patches (git log -p).
There are a lot of trailing white-spaces in your code. Your should try to
avoid them. What editor are you using? Kate can be configured to visualise
trailing-white-space and automatically remove them on save. Same counts for
vim. You can also see these in git diff (before commit, just have a short look
into the diff). You need to do some git configuration to see it, though:

color.ui=true
core.whitespace=fix,-indent-with-non-tab,trailing-space,cr-at-eol
core.pager=less -FXRS

I think, these options should do the trick.

Well :) enough for now.

bye then
julian