[Ktechlab-devel] Project components dependencies

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Thu Jan 21 20:20:29 UTC 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010 12:37:19 P Zoltan wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 02:42:21 +0100, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 January 2010 01:30:30 P Zoltan wrote:
> > Yes, it's KDE3.. Seems, you are trying to print something of the wrong
> > type
> > here. You need to overload the stream operator for that type (if it's
> > not a
> > KDE/Qt type) to use it with kdDebug(). I've never done that, so you
> > should
> > consult the Qt documentation (kdDebug() should behave similar to
> > qDebug() in
> > this matter)
> This is strange: as you mentioned in the next mail, there was almost
> nothing to port in /src/math, but the only thing I've done was to copy
> /src/math from svn (~ rev. 550 ?), and try to compile them only with Qt.
Yes, I mentioned that, too. ;) And it's fine for me not to depend on Qt for
those classes. But we should also remove output to stdout from these classes.
There are a few methods, printing to stdout. Are they really needed at
runtime? Or are they for debugging purposes, only. In the later case, we
should switch to kDebug() or kWarning(), to make sure end-users only see
important output. If these methods are only used for testing and debugging
mode, these methods should move into the test-case. (And also not pollute the
users stdout)

>   Actually I was following Qt4's testing tutorial. I've generated a project
> and makefile with qmake-qt4, so it didn't include any KDE stuff. That's
> why I've got the error. I want to create tests using qt's infrastructure,
> as it looks really nice and simple.
Yeah. That should be enough. The tests are stand-alone programs anyway. So it
doesn't matter much, which libraries you link against.

bye then
julian