[Ktechlab-devel] Project components dependencies

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Feb 15 04:02:11 UTC 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010 20:42:39 P Zoltan wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:36:10 +0100, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:
> > Did you run kbuildsycoca4 after make install? This is needed for the
> > KPluginLoader to recognise the installed desktop file to know about the
> > plugins you installed. You also need to set the environment variables to
> > also
> > contain your local ktechlab installation (this is needed for
> > kbuildsycoca4 to
> > find  the desktop file and stuff like that) I described that in the wiki:
> > https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ktechlab/index.php?title=Compiling
> > _the_source Just scroll to the bottom of the page..
>
>   Okay, now I have the ktechlab plugins in that list. Still, after
> activating them, I can't open or create new circuit. What should be done
> to see something?

For now, I only implemented loading circuit files and importing projects.
There is some code in ktl-project branch, which is able to add and remove
files in the project, but I had some problems with it, so I haven't merged it
into kde4-port, yet.

If you open a circuit file, there should at least happen something. If no
plugin handling circuit files can be found, you will get an error message and
will be asked, if you want to open the file as plain text. If the plugin is
found, it should load the circuit file. SVG files for most of the components
are shipped, so you should see most of the circuit. If you don't see any
components (only the "wires"), there is a problem with basic_ec plugin. I
fixed some issues in there, so you might want to update your tree.

If error messages complaining about missing plugins pop up, make sure plugins
are loaded. If they don't show up in the Plugin-list, re-run kbuildsycoca4. At
the moment, only the Circuit plugin should show up in the list, all others are
loaded as so-called "project" plugins. This is done in the background.

Well, I hope this helped a bit..

bye then
julian