[Ktechlab-devel] Web Site - New Approach

Lawrence Shafer detroit371 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:11:05 UTC 2010

Hi Friends and fellow volt-heads... I need some PHP heads! I am the head
network engineer for a small wireless ISP serving about 170 square
miles, and my workload has changed drastically over the last year as our
company has grown, and now in the rare moments I get to sit down, the
last thing I want to do is to try to wrap my brain around a web site. So
what I would like to do is to set up a fresh VMWare server running
Ubuntu, and have three initial volunteers to build the site.

I would like anybody who is interested to reply with their
qualifications, and I'll pick the three that "I" like on the 10th.
Things I would like to know are...

0) What part of the site are you most interested in? (Not limited to,
Backend coding, Text content, Graphics, General, etc.)
1) Your preferred web language.
2) No of interactive (more than just basic HTML) sites you have built.
3) How well do you PHP? (beginner, moderate, good, advanced, php SuperGod!)
4) How well do you Java?
5) Tell me about your Linux and Apache administration skills.

And finally show me your favorite web site that you have participated in
or built and what you did.

Keep it short and sweet, but you are not limited to the above, and most
of all, don't sweat it if you are not good at everything listed.

As soon as I pick the guys (and gals!) that I like, we will start laying
plans for the foundation of the web site.

Deadline is the tenth!

Regards,

Lawrence Shafer

PS: I have and will continue to take care of Domain Name, DNS, Server
and Bandwidth costs. No worries about that!