[Ktechlab-devel] Quick distro question

Matthew Ayres solar.granulation at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:29:49 UTC 2010

> > My current distro's minimum KDE version is KDE 4.4.4.  I suppose I could
> add
>
> in some KDE3 libraries, but really would rather not.  So I'm planning to
>
> install a small KDE3 distro under Virtual Box.  Does anyone have a
>
> suggestion to which distro I use, particularly so that I can aide in
> porting
>
> KTechLab?

There is a live-distro that ships the old KTechLab. It's the

openSUSE-Education live-dvd. I also played around with the

openSUSE build-studio to create small images that work within

vmware/virtualbox. I think I have to re-create them, if you want

to use it. At least it worked some time ago, so I guess it shouldn't be

 much effort to create them again. (The config files should still be
> there.)

Is that an option for you? Then I will have a look at it ;)

That's an excellent option for me, thank you!