[Ktechlab-devel] Quick distro question

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Aug 9 16:40:49 UTC 2010

moin,

On Monday 09 August 2010 12:05:07 Matthew Ayres wrote:
> My current distro's minimum KDE version is KDE 4.4.4.  I suppose I could add
> in some KDE3 libraries, but really would rather not.  So I'm planning to
> install a small KDE3 distro under Virtual Box.  Does anyone have a
> suggestion to which distro I use, particularly so that I can aide in porting
> KTechLab?
There is a live-distro that ships the old KTechLab. It's the
openSUSE-Education live-dvd. I also played around with the
openSUSE build-studio to create small images that work within
vmware/virtualbox. I think I have to re-create them, if you want
to use it. At least it worked some time ago, so I guess it shouldn't be
much effort to create them again. (The config files should still be there.)

Is that an option for you? Then I will have a look at it ;)

bye then
julian