[Ktechlab-devel] I googled recent pages with ktechlab

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 10 23:57:23 UTC 2009

Juan De Vincenzo wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> Juan De Vincenzo wrote:
>>> Well guys, I know I'm not a developer, which seems to render any
>>> e-mail I send kind of useless to some of you, but I do have an opinion
>>> about what's being said, partly related to the other e-mail I sent a
>>> couple of days ago about the site.
>> You are now the project manager, congrats. ;)
>
> Instead of ironically disqualifying my statements and systematically
> ignore certain parts of the e-mail, you could propose some other path.
> Oh, and given your reply, it would have been more complete if put like
> this: "You are now the pointy-haired project manager, congrats". You
> also proved me right. I wasn't talking of anything that you won't find
> on every successful Open Source project, even KDE has a board that
> decides the direction of the project.
>
> In my opinion, Alan, you just show what seems to be a misunderstood
> "hacker attitude" of disrespect to anybody you do not consider an
> equal. And that, more than a hacker attitude is a teenager "rebel
> without a cause" attitude.
>
> I will be working on the site, even though I don't know if anybody
> really cares, but I feel less welcome here every day.
>
> Regards,
> Pointy-Haired Juan, KTechLab's new Project Manager

=(

I think you're projecting your own self-doubts on me. If I was trying to
be sarcastic, I would have used the =P smiley. I didn't. Nobody was
maintaining ktechlab so I loaded it into kdevelop and now I'm the lead
developer of the analog side of the code.

You found that nobody was managing ktechlab and turned around to make
some good suggestions. Guess what? That makes you the project manager.
=P oops, I didn't mean it sarcastically just now but that's simply how
things work. If you show you have a talent for something, such as
management, you get to do it in the open source world. There are no
corporate politics, no vetting of resumes, you just pick up the reigns
and do it. You are the new project manager because nobody else is doing
the job. I don't want the job, obviously I'm unsuited for it.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.