[Ktechlab-devel] A random thought that made me smile (and another point in favour of GUI separation)

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Nov 17 08:59:17 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 02:15:29 Alan Grimes wrote:
> My issue is that I really can't get a handle on the KDE4 porting
> process. On the other hand, I'm fairly comfortable with the OpenGL model
> so I have a much clearer picture of how it would work... Remember, that
> negative coordinants are valid in ktechlab so that, normally, you don't
> have to care about where stuff is in the plane. (there is a bug there
> but it is easy to ignore.)
What you are looking for is the GraphicsView stuff of Qt4. It's an abstract
"painting-framework" and if openGL is available, it will be possible to use it
as the rendering-engine. If not, it will fall back to whatever is available.
This is part of the cross-platform features, Qt provides.

bye
julian