[Ktechlab-devel] A random thought that made me smile (and another point in favour of GUI separation)

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Nov 16 15:36:41 UTC 2009

On Sunday 15 November 2009 18:32:22 Axel Jaeger wrote:
> Two things from me:
> 1) Regarding the canvas replacement: Maybe I missed something but why
>  should QGraphicsView not be suitable for the project? Implementing an own
>  canvas on top of opengl or whatever is clearly not the main goal of the
>  project and should be forwarded to some library
Right, QGraphicsView is the way to go. I did some research in this sector and
tried to solve this issue using kde's plasma. As it seemed quite promising in
the first place, I cancelled that approach and will investigate into a more
direct approach using QGraphicsView directly. I already got some testing code,
but since the component model is somewhat flawed in it's actual
implementation, most of the components need to be rewritten and new graphics
(preferebly in svg-format) need to be created.

bye then
julian