[Ktechlab-devel] Ktechlab handbook

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:26:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:42:26 +0200, Jose Luis Galvez Lopez
<digigalos at yahoo.es> wrote:

> I admire and love the hackers, but I'm clumsy and a mere mortal... I
> refer to the help manual that appears when you press F1.

  Sorry, I made a confusion with the Ktechlab Handbook, which existed in
the old wiki, a pdf file. BTW, that document should be placed on the new
site...

> It looks obvious to you but not for me:
> 1. get the handbook: Where is that handbook? I could not find either on
> my own computer.

  About the "other" handbook (I prefer calling it manual): it's generated
 from .docbook files [1] found in the source tree, doc/en/*.docbook.

  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DocBook

> 2. translate it: What program I must use for this task? KBabel?

  With the details I can't help you much, because I've never done something
like this. I don't like to say it, but try searching on the Internet for
tutorials...

> 3. publish the result (should be put on the website) What website? I
> assumed that I should send it to the administrators of KTL.

  True. If you have something done, just send a mail to the list, and
someone will commit it to the SVN. Or you could talk with Jason.