[Ktechlab-devel] Vector, Matrix with Eigen -- first draft

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Jul 26 20:55:34 UTC 2009

P Zoltan wrote:

>  I've started implementing the QuickVector and Matrix classes using
> Eigen. The first draft of the source code is attached. It shoud be
> cleaned up, added some more comments / documentation to it. When
> integrating it in the SVN, I want to add the following files in the math
> library:
>  math_config.h (or similar name), just to define
> USE_EIGEN_LU_IMPLEMENTATION or not -- to swap between implementations
>  vector_eigen.h -- for QuickVector class (with Eigen it's just a typedef
> for VectorXd)
>  matrix_eigen.h -- header for Matrix
>  matrix_eigen.cpp -- implementation for Matrix, in header in this moment

/src/math is a refactoring of code that was previously in
/src/electronics/simulation.

Eigen, in theory, would completely replace all of /src/math,

When I tried to switch to Eigen, I simply deleted /src/math and tried to
get the rest to work by making Eigen calls... I discarded my work after
getting some segfaults I didn't understand... (indubitably pointer
problems, ie I was using my own math libraries using non-standard
conventions that didn't work with Eigen...)

Without the understanding that libktechmath is an amature attempt at
duplicating Eigen, you'll just be creating a royal-big mess.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.