[Ktechlab-devel] QMatrix - Random number generation

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Jul 6 14:40:12 UTC 2009

On Sunday 05 July 2009 22:34:53 P Zoltan wrote:
>   ... and another note on QuickMatrix and QuickVector: the operators
> defined on these look like a good candidate for sources of bugs. I'd
> prefer to change the operators to some methods with same functionality and
> intiutive names. Opinions?
Well, IMHO, we should provide both ways and state in the documentation, that
the overloaded operators are convenient calls to those functions. We shouldn't
abandon this feature of the C++ language and since the semantics of the calls
can be made clear to the user of this API, we should provide those methods to
be used in the code. I'd prefer writing "a*b" instead of "a.multiply(b)".

Just my 2ct

bye then
julian