[Ktechlab-devel] starting new physics library.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 13 23:52:55 UTC 2009

I'm starting to put together a new physics library to accompany the math
library I contributed earlier.

The first goal is to move physical constants from element.h and put them
in the new library.

one of the things I'll need to do is to identify the best sources of
information about physical constants. I have a slightly out of date copy
of the CRC handbook of Chemistry and Physics which is a good source for
many things. Also wikipedia pointed me towards a publication by NIST
listing physical constants which I intend to use.

Anyone know of other sources of data?

I also hope to identify common equations for certain types of
semiconductors so that specific device models can be based on general
principles.

I also see a lot of code related to some kind of mechanics simulatior
that appears to be disabled and probably fragmentary in the codebase.
Has anyone figured out what that is?

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.