[Ktechlab-devel] Porting to Qt 4 --> I'd like to help

Juan De Vincenzo juandevincenzo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:00:42 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry that it took  me a couple of days to reply to this
particular thread, second, thanks a lot for your feedback. I really
appreciate it. =)

I'd like to also say that I'm as well in favor of a redesign or
rewrite of the code wherever it is necessary, and the reason why I
didn't started such a task myself is because, how I stated on my first
e-mail, I'm only in the first learning stage. I actually started
learning C++ just on mid-December and it is not that I already have
programming experience with others languages, because I already tried
Python for example, but couldn't find it interesting (I'm really
liking C++ though), so I still have ahead of me tasks as, besides
learning the language, also learning the use of the Qt libraries,
learn good programming style, design and debugging skills, learn how
to use CMake, KDevelop and Designer. Of course the list goes on but
I'll leave it there so I don't panic. =P

Bottom line is, that IMO, I won't be able to contribute any actual
useful code for at least a couple of months. So, by this means I'd
like to ask you to please don't save words when describing the work
you're doing. =)

I'd like to tell you as well to please don't hesitate to throw at me
any "homework" you might think can be useful for my learning process,
as well as for the project. I'll be also following the bugs to learn
from them.

This doesn't mean at all that I'll be going mute, I'll keep helping on
what's at my reach, like with the site and ideas that I might have.
But I wanted to let you know why I haven't said anything else about
this, mostly because I don't want anybody to interpret this as a lack
of interest on my side.

Finally, I'd like to state that I'm really happy to see where KTechLab
is heading right now. =D

Regards,
Juan