[Ktechlab-devel] KDevPlatform dependencies

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:53:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:39:21 +0100, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

> moin,
> I came up with a solution how to integrate the KDevPlatform library. ATM
> only rely on their interfaces and started to implement them myself. I
> also use
> their UI implementations. CMake is able to figure out whether
> KDevPlatform is
> installed (including -devel packages) or not. It than can decide whether
> we
> need to build the needed parts within KTechLab or can link against the
> installed libs. This will save compile time and disk-space for people
> having
> KDevPlatform installed and won't make it a hard dependency for people who
> don't want to install "half of kde".
>
> What do you think?

  Most of the people will use prebuit packages. The question is: how should
the packaging people compile the package? Should there be 2 packages: a
kde version, having as dependency "half of kde" and the non-kde version,
which has all the libs in the package? And will these versions conflict?
What if someone installs ktechlab, and kdevelop after?