[Ktechlab-devel] Porting to Qt 4 --> I'd like to help

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Sun Feb 8 22:31:37 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 February 2009 22:39:05 Glen Canaday wrote:
> > I partly broke my gentoo, too, when upgrading from KDE4.1 to 4.2. It was
> > way more easy to install 4.x and remove old KDE3 packets. ;)
>
> I can't compile KDE3 apps, period. Installing the dev libs after I wiped
> clean and went to kubuntu 8.10 wrecked my KDE4 builds, so... I started over
> again.
>
> /me points to his silence of late. It's looking like Julian is making
> headway, so I suppose soon I should check out the newest svn.
>
> I'm also in favor of a total QT4/KDE4 port.. especially since I got nada to
> contribute until I can compile what everyone else can.
If you followed the KDE4.x development, you mentioned, that it took them a
whole year, until they got something useful... (KDE4.2) So don't expect to
much from the first KTechLab KDE4 steps in SVN.

> I have new filter designs to test and geda ain't simulating them. I might
> have to go pspice/orcad under wine for the time being, and that just
> @*(&%s.
I haven't touched the simulator, yet. I'm also sure, I won't for some time. I
don't know if everything will work as it should, but I am sure, that it will
look good ;P

bye then
julian