[Ktechlab-devel] corrupted circuits

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Feb 2 02:19:20 UTC 2009

On Sunday 01 February 2009 06:20:46 Julian Bäume wrote:
> Tomorrow I'll try to find, where and why there is data removed from that
> list. The key of that QMap is a QString that represents the id of the
> connector, so if there are 2 connectors with the same id added to this
> QMap, it will only contain (the last) one of them. May be the generator for
> unique-ids is broken or something like that.
As I said, Zoltans tips helped very much. I just ran KTechLab on my small
test-circuit and after adding a missing edge, my debug code was shown.

ktechlab: WARNING: Overwriting connector: connector

That's exactly what I expected. I hope, a fix for this issue will fix the
outstanding corrupt-circuit bug. May be there is more such unwanted behaviour
(I really don't hope so! ;)).

After that one, I'm going to have a look on the logic behind connecting items.
If it's only broken for the bus and the flow-chart items mentioned in the
wiki, we should fix it. If we need to implement new logic, we should leave
that for the next release, because it isn't critical but could bring new
issues.

In the whole 2 days of excessive playing around with KTechLeb I didn't notice
any crash (that is not fixed, now), so I think it's quite stable regarding
crashes. I mostly played around with circuits, so I can't say anything about
the other parts.

bye then
julian