[Ktechlab-devel] Dependencies, setting up tools and task

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:06:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:09:53 +0100, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

>> (*) Currently I'm using 2 distributions, one is ubuntu 8.04 (LTS), which
>> has only kde 4.1 packages avaliable -- kdevplatform needs at least kde
>> 4.2. I'm wating to upgrade to 10.04. The other (noname) distribution has
>> programs about the same age as ubuntu, kde 3.5 only; I want to make some
>> packages, but that seems to be tricky and time consuming. I'm waiting
>> for
>> a clean solution.
> I see. When will 10.04 be shipped? This one should contain a recent
> version of
> KDE, I guess. So this should be fine. Anyway. We should think about
> having a
> stable set of API calls, when we are nearly finished with porting. If we
> now
> start sticking to old versions, we will soon have the same problems, we
> have
> got now and start porting again :-S (Okay, this shouldn't be comparable
> to the
> work necessary for the KDE4 port, but anyway. We should look into the
> future;))

  Finally, I got it working (kinda). It starts with a few errors, and I
can't see any icons in the GUI, but I can click on things. The solution
was to make some packaging for the distribution...

  We should improve the getting the source article in the wiki, because
currently is not idiot-friendly (I had to play with git to get the thing
running).