[Ktechlab-devel] Dependencies, setting up tools and task

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 01:17:20 UTC 2009

   Hi,

  A few things to discuss:

- Aproximately what are the dependencies of the qt4 version of ktechlab?
Do we need a specific (greater than X) version of kdevplatform? I'm asking
because we should state those in the wiki, in the compiling section, and
also I have kde4 to install somehow (*)

- It might be useful to know each other's workflow, so for example Alan
commits in SVN, I plan to use Git; maybe how to edit / compile / debug...

- Considering that here are several developers, we should work on
different tasks in parallel, in order to be more efficient. We should
definitevly discuss about this. Personally I wanto to have the current
kde4 version running, then add some helping test applications / test cases.

(*) Currently I'm using 2 distributions, one is ubuntu 8.04 (LTS), which
has only kde 4.1 packages avaliable -- kdevplatform needs at least kde
4.2. I'm wating to upgrade to 10.04. The other (noname) distribution has
programs about the same age as ubuntu, kde 3.5 only; I want to make some
packages, but that seems to be tricky and time consuming. I'm waiting for
a clean solution.