[Ktechlab-devel] Want to help, How?

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 27 07:18:48 UTC 2009

Martín Marcucci wrote:
> Hi, I'm Martin from Argentina. I'm an Electronic Engineering student and
> I work as a programmer for a local company.
> I have discovered your project, and it really attract me. I was
> wondering How can I help as a developer.
> I know C and C++ programing, but I have never made a complex project as
> this.
> What do you recommend me to start helping.?

Read code.
Fix code.
That's it, basically.

> I have some questions about the project.
> Are you planing to add PCB support in some stage?

All features would be nice, especially if it helps compete with
expensive, crappy and expensive software such as Eagle. =)

> Do you have some roadmap for the project?

None current, sorry.

Some things I want to do:

Re-write the component system to be database driven and allow
scalability to many hundreds of parts while keeping the high-level
simplicity of the current UI.

Frequency domain analysis, at least through the audio band...

6BQ5. =)

More debug modes for part and subcircuit analysis.

> Are you going to simulate only, or are you going to suport monte-carlo
> and other test of circuits?

Hey, just about any idea is a good idea. I'm only an amature when it
comes to electronics, my only formal training is in computer science.

> Why are you designing your simulator instead of using  pspice or other
> open-source engine?

Cuz we're idiots. =P

--
New president: Here we go again...