[Ktechlab-devel] New here, trying to understand and maybe to contribute

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 19 15:34:48 UTC 2009

> So, if you think you can use a helping hand, please let me know.

Dude, the open source community is the exact opposite of the work world.
 There is no such thing as permission or job interviews or anything like
that. I never got permission to even look at the code and now I'm the
manager of the analog simulators. =P

Speaking of which, there's an interesting abandoned project called
gspeakers which actually does AC analysis (ktechlab does only sequential
DC analysis, with severe limitations, ie it can't really simulate
anything more than 1khz! =P) I currently have a PAS-2 preamp and I can't
analyze the tone controls with ktechlab because it requires AC analysis.
The version of gspeakers on sourceforge has succumb to extreme bitrot, I
have a version on my HD that isn't so far gone if you need it.

My latest insane inspiration is to design a digital integrated tube
amplifier. It would have several SPDIF/toslink, and even a USB port,
which would quickly converge on a differential output DAC, possibly some
abused industrial DAC, the signal would pass from there through the most
direct possible route to a differential driver/feedback amp (tube of
course), and then to the push-pull EL84 output stage. A much more
expensive version might even use 2A3 tubes! =P).

It would use the volume control and muting features found in most modern
DACs, Ideally it would have some kind of display to show which input is
being used and the volume.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.