[Ktechlab-devel] QT4 migration. (and misc.)

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:16:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 04:34:32 +0200, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> Today I tried moving from the custom Canvas.h header to the standard
> qcanvas.h header. This caused a lot of undesirable behavior changes,
> namely the "infinite plane" workspace concept stopped working --
> circuits were cut off at coords 0,0; And the code wasn't able to update
> the wires when new connections were made or parts were moved.
>
> What in god's name did David do to Qcanvas and can it be ported back
> into the standard tree so that we're not maintaining a ton of
> trolltech's code along with our own?
>
> Someone mentioned that he was working on a QT4 port, how is that going?

  Julian Bäume is working on it.

  Supposing that the canvas-related code works, don't bother fixing it. It
should be simpy redesigned and rewritten in the qt4 porting process.

> Also, I'm trying to get debugging working within kdevelop, no luck as
> yet. =(

  Huh? That works for me fine.

  I spent yesterday ~8 hours trying to fix the crash occuring when a
programmed pic is placed in a circuit... The result was 4 lines of code,
but no more chasing :D
  I also ran ktechlab under valgrind and electric fence. Valgrind was
really useful, but electric fence didn't work well -- it's way too slow.

  I want to commit the fixes related to sdcc & compiling; should I commit
it anyway? :P

  There's still no wiki in the project -- I think Jason it too busy. A
project leader who can really get involved in the project is really needed.

  Next I want to move some code in the Node hierarchy "down" to the level
corresponding to it, and split the Connector class between the flowcode
and the electronic part. This should let remove quite a few dynamic_casts.
Or should I concentrate to something else?

  Have a nice day,

   Zoltan