[Ktechlab-devel] Abandoned?

Michael T. mickljosapth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:08:41 UTC 2008

>       P Zoltan said:

>  I think a mirror for the wiki from ktechlab.org would be really needed,
> as that site will go offline in a week.

   - Who has perfect copy of what so far is part of  ktechlab?  I think it
   would be a good idea to tar / bzip /  zip  up "ktechlab.org. / ktechlab
   wiki." That way when ktechlab comes back online. The original pictures would
   not be lost. I tried saving with google clip. But it is really not efficient
   way to do so. Spidering with whttrack produces a mess as well. Or who is
   handling over maintainship. If I recall correctly "Alan Grimes" should give
   the current project leader the copy.

I *see this is relevent and still important for current existing (outdated )
"stable":*

KTechLab Documentation (600K
PDF)<http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki/images/e/ec/Ktechlab.pdf>(Right
click and 'Save as' to download)
KTechLab Rehberi (2.2mb
PDF)<http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki/images/c/cf/Epkr.pdf>(A Turkish
KTechLab Guide)
KTechLab Documentation in Russian (470K
PDF)<http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki/images/c/c8/Ktechlab_ru.pdf>(Перевод
на русский)
Principios básicos y simulación de circuitos con KTechLab (783K
pdf)<http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki/images/7/76/KTechLab_es.pdf>(Manual
en español)
KTechLab en LinexEdu <http://linexedu.educarex.es/index.php/KtechLab> (Wiki
en español)

P Zoltan said:

   -

>     Instead of CVS there is SVN from sourceforge, the code is hosted
>>    there.
>
>    -
>
>     Some content management system would be nice, so news and
>>    announcements
>>    could be put there.

I feel the same way too regarding the content management. Drupal / geeklog
comes to my mind but it needs to be customized (whatever is selected
phpnuke.. drupal... geeklog etc ).   I do not know whole lot of "CVS" and
"SVN" but I have a very basic idea again. To commit any changes of code to
the "on the go branch".  Even patches if i'm correct to current.

Alan Grimes said:

> God I hate forums.... There is no time efficient way to use the damn
> things. =\

       I guess each feels differently  I tend to find forums appealing
in certain ways.  Timewise with many threads it can get difficult. In my
vision  if we were to go to that extend. Neither forums nor mailing lists
are totally efficient in own ways. Mailing list might have some edges to
forums. I do not know that much to debate on it nor is my intent to prove
any points.  The key thing  is efficiency for the people working on the
project. Also that they all enjoy the selected means.   Users though would
probably in my view benefit from forums.