[Ktechlab-devel] KTechLab Project Shutdown

Mauricio Giovagnini maugiovagnini at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 19 11:33:28 UTC 2008

Alan Grimes escribió:
> I've been the major code contributor to ktechlab in recent months.
> Unfortunately, I've been busy with
> many other projects including school work (at the age of 30, you'd think
> that be done!!!). =(
>
> Does anyone need to know something about the code or have something that
> needs to get done real soon now?
>
> It's a great product but I'm probably not going to be able to devote
> enough time and attention to it. =\

I think we have two issues here(as far I can see).

To Jason Lucas, topics regarding the maintain of the site,
domain, wiki and so on.  I can offer to do that if you wish
and try to get the funds (mine and/or donated) to fullfill
the hosting needs and domain maintenance, I could act as a
web master too.

To Alan Grimes, I don't need anything with Ktechlab as I'm
not really using it, but I find it a great and powerful
project with a lot of future if many other developers join
the cause.

I'm mainly an embedded software developer and a PC software
developer (with a little to very little experience under
Linux I must admit), anyway I want to help, I don't have
much time either but I will feel a deep pain if this nice
project goes down and I could do something to keep it alive.
Within sometime I hope I could use Ktechlab to simulate my
embedded circuits with its code inside. I use Microchip PICs
mostly so I could start there, adding more pics support (of
course I should first read a lot before doing something with
the code).

I  - as many of you - am a gnu software enthusiastic.  This
project is for me a way to give back what I get and I got
from the community and the wonderful projects around the world.

So, read you from here =)

Best Regards
Mauricio

Mauricio Giovagnini (Maunix)