[Ktechlab-devel] Start a ktechlab yahoo group

David Briscoe david at djsbriscoe.vispa.com
Sun Jun 1 20:17:09 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am sad to hear that Ktechlab is in decline. I would like to make a
suggestion that could help to build up a
community of users and gauge interest in the project.
Some time ago I started a yahoo group to help get people together to
translate KICAD (a GPL EDA suit) documentation
from French into English. This was a success and It helped to expand the
user base.
Since then a user group and a developer group has been set up. The project
is now very active and has attracted a lot of
professional developers.
I have also helped the programme be adopted at the university where I work
as a technician. I use Kicad for all my PCB work
and it is increasingly being used by students.
Please tell me what you think of this suggestion and if there is a positive
response I may set up a user group and act as moderator.
Or maybe a developer group would be more appropriate.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.

David