[Ktechlab-devel] ktechlab and another program

Michael T. mickljosapth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:46:44 UTC 2008

*Hello,*

*I have been following ktechlab, ever since it nearly was born. Seen the
original Authors work on this program. After which the maintainer gave up;
on the program and passed it to the new maintainer. Now the new maintainer
is struggling. To keep ktechlab up and running as before. I have found
another interesting project: **
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Keda?content=59527*<http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Keda?content=59527>
*.*

*If the project is stopped for ktechlab I do have a wish. The wish for the
current maintainer before shutting down. Actually copying all the work from
ktechlab.org to sourceforges project page. Where it would still be up,
hosted on sourceforge. So anyone could pick up the work! I'm surprised that
we have gazillion text editors. Yet something as scientific as this program
is a commodity. *

*On windows you have number of programs of course shareware. Such as:
Tina,Circuit Wizard, Crocodile clips (more students tailored) and others
floating around. Qucs is another open source circuit simulator. However it
does not really do the simulations as Ktechlab does. It is not a WYSIWYG
simulation. Mweehh I do not like that program as much. Perhaps it has some
expansion for the ktechlab type simulation. Which may happen some day,
although I did email the main maintainer. They did not have any plans to add
the said things. GEDA's maintainers do not even see it in the future to do
such a thing at all. They will continue to be stubborn, or have very little
man power. Who knows? but it is not taking off either. *

*Although looking at some parts of that app is promising. But it is only PCB
and circuit design and such. The simulations are very weak in linux it seems
at this time. Creating such a program is not piece of cake either however.
For each redundant none scientific app like to see a scientific app. Anyhow
the open source is great but could use more available man power on the
science front. Esp Electronics the obsession is so much with other fronts.
:-)*