[Ktechlab-devel] Technical comittees.

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Dec 10 15:16:32 UTC 2008

Hi,
sorry, that I step in here so late, I've been busy with some formal stuff for
my studies. I got some paper ready with some work I want to do the next 3
month on KTechLab. Details will follow later. (On monday I will meet somebody
and explain my work, and then we decide, if I can work for them on that
stuff.)

On Monday 08 December 2008 04:51:52 Jason Lucas wrote:
> I propose that we have a core committee that represents of the main
> interests of the project:
>
> Chairman - The Project Leader
> Treasurer - Project finances (well, we live in hope!)
> Lead Developer (Analogue)
> Lead Developer (Digital)
> Web/Wiki Lead Developer
> GUI Lead Developer
> Translation
> PR/Promotion
> Education
>
> First item on the committee agenda:
>
> Who wants to do what?, or should we hold an election of some kind?
I'd like to do the GUI job. I'm quite deep into all that new KDE techniques
and a part of my work mentioned above is to figure out how these can be useful
for KTechLab. I also have some background in the educational part, especially
on education concerning younger students. (This doesn't mean, that I want to
sort out all the complexity we got, yet. So don't worry ;) There are ways to
make both groups, "noobs" and "pros", happy.)

Another point I see missing here is somebody who takes care of making
packaging for distributors possible. This is mainly a matter of the build
system. I read much about cmake and am quite familiar with it. (I used it in
some projects now and I like it more than the old autotools stuff, we
currently use for kde3 builds.) So I'm also willing to help out in this part.
A short mail explaining some things I did here will follow...

So all in all:
I want to do the GUI job.
I want to work or at least help out on the education part.
I would like to do some work on the build-system. (which should be some work
initially and after that an easy task to keep everything working)

Ok, that's it from me concerning this topic.

bye then
julian