[Ktechlab-devel] Hello I am new

Axel Jäger axel.jaeger at basyskom.de
Mon Dec 8 15:47:36 UTC 2008

Hello,
I found ktechlab a week ago in the opensuse education repository.
Unfortunately I just started with AVR µCs instead of PICs. The project
seemed some kind of dead to me because the about dialog mentioned a
date in 2006.

So my question is: How "not dead" is the project? How many people are
you? I saw some recent changes to the wiki, subscribed today to the
mailing list and was surprised to see mails about how to organize the
structure of such a project.

I'm very interested in the product. I study electrical engineering
Darmstadt/Germany but do a lot of Qt-coding, mostly graphics stuff:
Styles, Custom Widgets and ATM I get into the graphics view by
developing a small SPICE-Editor.

I'm willing to help if needed in such graphics things and maybe in the
finite state machine part. I was thinking about doing finite state
machines with Atmels for a long time. I had a working FSM-Editor done
with cocoa two years ago or so but it was basic (Only a spread sheet
view of transition and states, no graphical editor).

For implementation of FSM in a microcontroller, I was thinking that
one only needs to find how many bits are needed to encode the states
based on the number of states, then have the transition table and
lookup the next state based on the current state and input (in case of
a mealy machine). If this level is acceptable, I would like to join.

Best regards,
Axel Jäger

Axel Jäger
Developer

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
axel.jaeger at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer