[Ktechlab-devel] more circuits/ phase angle

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 24 15:42:11 UTC 2008

I've been playing with transimpedence amplifiers again.

The starting place this time is this module:
http://www.raleighaudio.com/rakk_dac_2.htm

The first circuit comes from the DAC datasheet.

The second one is my attempt at a discreet fully differential stage. (I
think the 2k resistor on that one is wrong though I don't know what I
should put there.)

The third is a discreet single-ended stage.

One problem I have with comparing the outputs of these circuits is that
each of the signal sources has a different phase angle therefore it's
impossible to line up the oscilloscope graphs exactly.

I had made a patch long long ago which cleaned up the function
generators and allowed you to enter in a phase angle in multiples of PI
(180 degrees = 1 pi). This worked well enough that I was able to
simulate a 3-phase generator using three voltage signals... In the
future pre-fab "Wye" and Delta generators should be added too.

--
Ron Paul: A man of Peace.
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.