[Ktechlab-devel] What about using doxygen ?

Celelibi celelibi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:42:30 UTC 2007

First, I've never used doxygen. It just sounds like a gook way to
understand the code.

Everything you need to know is there
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual.html

The main things to know for writing well formated comments are :
doxygen recognize commands, they starts with a '\' ou a '@'.
for documenting a code item there can be a brief and detailed
description. The laste ones are recognized with /** my detailed
description */ or /*! blah */.
For more information about basic documenting a code item see :
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html

for example the following pattern could be placed before every function :
/// Print "hello world"
/** Use a complicated formula to compute the code of each char to
print "hello world"
 * @param n number of time to print the string
 * @return the number of succefully computed char
*/
int hello (int n);

There are a lot of commandes to use, they are listed here
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html
But since I've never used doxygen I don't know which ones are useful.

Celelibi