[Ktechlab-devel] diode (current) weirdness

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 27 03:06:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 13:57 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> ** using ktechlab-cvs of today:
> ** rev 18
>
> well the diode's current is not correct.
> However the output of NonLinear::diodeCurrent
> from /src/electronics/simulation/nonlinear.cpp sounds ok to me.
>
> There are 4 circuits in the attached circuit: diode_defect.circuit
>
> The last two circuits demonstrate that whatever the circuit is before the
> diode (Thevenin's equivalent circuit in this case) the current (with repect
> to the diode's voltage) is still incorrect.
Hmm - is this a problem with the diode code or an under lying simulation
problem?

> PS: I'm going to buy myself a c++ book to start digging into the code next
> time.
If you've done any coding the past then I'd recommend that you get a 'learn C++ in 21 days' type book
for a quick introduction to C++ coding. I came from a programming
background in BASIC (on a TRS-80) and Assembly (on an IBM XT) - probably
showing my age there ;) The trickiest thing about C++ is understanding
the Object Oriented paradigm. Once you understand that, you'll realise
why C++ is such a popular and very powerful language.

Jason