[Ktechlab-devel] Grounded ground.

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 14 03:17:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 23:50 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Jason Lucas wrote:
> > Alan,
> >
> > I think that you have the deepest understanding of KTechLab (and it's
> > problems) on the forum. If you can translate this understanding into
> > producing solutions (i.e code) then I want you on the KTechLab
> > development team.
>
> I don't have much time these days, I'm working in the electronics
> department of the Geophysical Laboratory of the Carnegie institute of
> Washington.
Glad to hear the you're busy. GeoFizz then? Doing much work with GrassGIS and your local Archaeolgists?
- I used to be an Archaeologist with the University of Manchester (UK).

> I've kinda lost the obsession I had with ktechlab which caused me to fix
> up a ton of the code... now I'd have to spend time syncing my best
> branch with the current mainline... (which has a different set of
> improvements...)
I'd be quite happy to set-up a branch for your code on the svn and let
the community work on merging it.

> The most significant of which was the removal of custom vector code from
>  the oscillosocpe class (resulting in a MAJOR cleanup...)
>
> I'm not a gui dude, but the parts catalog and the simulation engine are
> going to require MAJOR overhauls... -- basically a complete re-vamping
> of the way parts are implemented so that the user can download and add
> parts without having to recompile, and eliminating the current and
> rather extreme code bloat... =\
Must admit that there is alot of work to do. Much of the coding is beyond my current knowledge -
hey - I'm a project admin, not a full time coder! I took on this project
because
a) It's a great project that was worth saving
b) no-one else seemed to be willing to take it on.
c) Just for fun ;)

Jason