[Ktechlab-devel] Qt4 port should also begin

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:42:28 UTC 2007

Hi people,
      It certainly is a great news that ktechlab is back with bang! :)
I am a former user of ktechlab.

I have been porting qucs (http://qucs.sf.net) from qt3 to qt4.2 since
some months. You can get a snapshot at
http://qucs.sf.net/qucs-qt4-nightly.tar.gz Hey that was not for
marketing qucs!! Read further.
One of the major change from the qt3 version is drawing/displaying
components which I based it on GraphicsView. That made it very easy.
You can easily rotate, mirror, scale components with just one liners!!
 From my experience it is very good to port ktechlab to qt4 first
since life becomes easier later. To be frank porting an app to qt4 is
as good as rewriting it. One can take advantage of this by designing
proper solid framework. So until some people stabilize, some others
can design the framework. This should be done with proper care since
the main objectieves of this program should not be forgotten.

      I too would love to contribute to ktechlab but i'm busy with
exam and also qucs. Once I am done with these, I'll surely join you
people too :) Meanwhile I'll be enjoying the news regarding ktechlab's
progress.
--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A