[Ktechlab-devel] Web Site

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Apr 16 14:39:01 UTC 2007

hi,

On Monday 16 April 2007 Jason Lucas wrote:
> I'm considering using SiteGround (www.siteground.com) as they seem to do
> a good package with wiki support at a reasonable price.
Seems to be a good offering.

> We also need a  new domain name, as ktechlab.org and ktechlab.com
> are already registered.
Yes, they are registered by David Saxton, initiator of ktechlab. I don't know,
why nobody is in contact with him or so, and asks him to release the domains.

> I was thinking of either thektechlab.org
> or ktechlabide.org, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I think, the best would be to get ktechlab.org. I guess David would give the
domain to the new team because I can't think of any use other then a ktechlab
web site.

> Hopefully I'll get a basic website and wiki up
> and running by the end of the week.
I could provide space on a static IP with apache, php, python, perl installed
and also a sshd running and svn installed. Since I got lots of ressources
left, I could provide those for free. This would limit the demands to the new
domain hoster to provide only a dns service and domain hosting to point the
domain to this ip adress.
My provider could also host a domain name (incl. dns service), when we can't
find any provider that fits our needs. Costs would be 14.65 euro per year. As
I said, space and ressources would be shared with my account.

> Jason
bye then
julian