[Ktechlab-devel] svn problem && new user

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 29 22:36:02 UTC 2006

EdorFaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to KTechLab, and after playing around with it a bit (installed it with
> apt on Debian/sid) wanted to have a look at the source and maybe implement
> some small things, and for that matter see if the svn version had fixed some
> issues I had with it (saw in the list archive that at least some of it is
> being worked on, like floating voltages).

Sorry, that was just me making noise. I wasn't successful in adding that
functionality. I think the best approach is to rewrite ktechlab as a
front-end for gnucap (or any other generic SPICE implementation) and
possibly other tools.

My only success so far is my 3-phase power simulator. -- A demo of a
3-phase power supply with an implementation of the phase-angle enhancement.

> When I tried to check it out though (https://svn.ktechlab.org/trunk), I can't
> connect to the svn server - I just get connection refused.

Unfortunately, the founders of this project don't seem to have enough
time (or possibly the inclination) to continue to work on it. Still, I
have high praise for them for their innovations in usability which are
far beyond all the other tools I've managed to get running on my badly
broken linux box.

> I don't know if this is a problem with the server, outdated docs on the site,
> or something I did - can anyone help me out here?

I'll try, but I've been only an occasional user of ktechlab reciently.
I've been trying to develop a surround sound processor/DAC with a vacumn
tube output buffer. Unfortunately, the simulator stops working if I try
to switch on more than two channels at once. =(

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

### NEW E-MAIL: agrimes at speakeasy.net ###