[Ktechlab-devel] Context Help

Thomas Winkel mail at thomas-winkel.de
Mon Jan 23 23:35:22 UTC 2006

Am Montag 23 Januar 2006 19:31 schrieb David Saxton:
> Nope, it can't be assumed. I've changed it so that the khtml browser uses
> "/usr/share/apps/ktechlab/contexthelp/" (or wherever ktechlab is installed)
> as its base url - so loading "opamp.png" should now work.
fine, is it possible to make khtml use that directory, where the actual
description is stored? This is just because user changes probably are stored
in ~/contexthelp.
Is "ktechlab-example://" already implemented? A "make install" don't install
the examples yet, I'm right?
External links don't work for me. Maybe a "ktechlab-external" can open them in
konqueror. Does someone know a nice unicode character to mark them? I thougt
about something like Wikipedia uses:
http://de.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/monobook/external.png

> Should now be possible. It does lead to the question though of how the
> title text for such items should be entered and stored.
What about something like:
<!-- item: transferfunction "Übertragungsfunktion" -->
When the user clicks on such a link, which has not been described so far, the
"This help item does not yet exist..." message should appear, such that he
can create it. Maybe such links can be marked red like in Wikipedia.
Great would be an option to create a link of a keyword which needs further
description in the editor.

> As consistent as possible.
This lead to the strange problem, that we need someone how can translate my
writings to English. Maybe I can provide very short texts, such that at least
the structure is identical. After the next release maybe someone like to
perfect it. Is someone else working on further context help?

Goodnight!