[Ktechlab-devel] Context Help

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Mon Jan 23 18:31:12 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 14:32, Thomas Winkel wrote:
> - How to handle images? At present the only way seems to use absolute paths
> like "/usr/share/apps/ktechlab/contexthelp/opamp.png". Can we assume this
> path for every installation?
Nope, it can't be assumed. I've changed it so that the khtml browser uses
"/usr/share/apps/ktechlab/contexthelp/" (or wherever ktechlab is installed)
as its base url - so loading "opamp.png" should now work.

> - How to handle keywords which are not in the item library? Something like:
> is:</p> ...
Sorry, the example URL I gave in a previous email was wrong - URLs should use
three forward slashes - e.g. "ktechlab-help:///transferfunction".

> <!-- item: transferfunction -->
> seems not possible at present.
Should now be possible. It does lead to the question though of how the title
text for such items should be entered and stored.

> Using external files would be possible, but
> take off control over other languages from KTechlab. Otherwise, has the
> context help to be consistent for all languages?
As consistent as possible.

> - How to implement a "back" buttom in html without knowledge about where
> the user comes from? Using Javascript may be a way, but can we assume it's
> enabled on every system? An other problem occurs when the user is linked to
> an item which is in the library. A general back buttom here may be
> irritating as I would expect the selected item as root document. What about
> a QT buttom which is enabled if the shown document is not the description
> of the selected item, only?
I think a Qt button is the best solution...I'll have a look at how it can be
nicely integrated into the UI.

David