[Ktechlab-devel] fixed it....

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 21 21:00:57 UTC 2006

After going through about a dozen different websites, I figured out that
KDE has it's own flavor of autotools, Once I discovered that, it wasn't
overwhelmingly difficult to re-construct the makefiles and get things
working again.

I now have a new version of ktechlab with the following changes:

1. several code formatting fixes... closer to what my brain is trained
for, allows one to see more of the algorithm on a small monitor.

2. numerous snyde remarks (comments) added to the code either asking
questions, reporting on discoveries made so far, or pointing out design
issues and ideas for the next release.

3. Several minor fixes... for example the number Pi was defined at
several points in the code, these were replaced with the standard
library macro "M_PI".

4. Removed the version string from source files, -- is a responsibility
of the build system. Changed to referance to VERSION in config.h .

I have learned a great deal from the source already. Most notably, I
learned that there is a community-wide issue with MDI interfaces and
that the authors chose to copy code from the KATE project because the
KDE libs have been slow to evolve.

I'm ready to provide the sources I have now as a development snapshot.
Anyone interested?

--
People say DOS is not reliable, For me it is as constant as the speed of
light.