[Ktechlab-devel] kspicelab speed

Filip Brcic brcha at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 11 09:17:04 UTC 2006

Дана петак 11 август 2006 03:59, Lawrence Shafer је написао(ла):
> I have one question about speed. Will we be able to get the simulation
> speeds that ktechlab achieved (1khz and above)? I really like being able
> to run ktechlab in real time especially with the serial/parallel port
> control, interfacing it with an external circuit or device. or will the
> spice backend limit that?

Spice uses precise calculations and full models for transistors,
capacitors, ... Therefore, I believe that Spice cannot be run in real-time on
slower computers (whatever that means). If you want to use spice backend to
run the simulation in real-time, maybe it would be smart to make some "level
of detail" setting for spice to be able to control the complexity (and
accuracy) of the spice model in use. Maybe even to be able to automatically
select the best "level of detail" for the given computer to achieve real-time
simulation (shouldn't be too hard to make).

--
Filip Brcic <brcha at users.sourceforge.net>
WWWeb: http://purl.org/NET/brcha/home/
Jabber: brcha at kdetalk.net