[Ktechlab-devel] svn problem && new user

EdorFaus edorfaus at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 7 18:39:12 UTC 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 13:38, David Leggett wrote:
> > When I tried to check it out though (https://svn.ktechlab.org/trunk), I
> > can't connect to the svn server - I just get connection refused.
>
> Oops sorry, we had some minor borkage on our server all fixed now.

Ah, thank you so much, it works now (it let me checkout the code at least).

I'll see if I can get it to compile, and if so, if I'll do much changes...
One thing I've kinda wanted to do was implement component libraries (as in
dynamic-linked libraries, that should be installable after-the-fact, without
recompiling the main program; that contains new components). I'll probably
try making an actual component first though. :P

Basically, what I want to do with that lib stuff, is make it possible to have
the exact same component code as now; just without having to change the core.

Having components in XML would be neat, but would also be a bigger project I
think. Components as they are now need at least some code, which is hard to
get into/out of XML efficiently.

Of course, with the wanted change to using gnucap or similar as backend,
either of those(xml/dll) would be pretty much useless I guess... Could still
be nice until that is done though.

From what I've seen trying to look into gnucap a bit, it shouldn't really be
all *that* hard... Not to get gnucap to simulate the circuit at least; that'd
pretty much just be an export to netlist and pass it into gnucap... Not sure
how to capture results for display though; and most likely, there'll be
issues(the devil's in the details). :P
I'd at minimum have to play around with it a bit, see how it works in
practice, before I could say if it's even feasible to do it...

-EdorFaus