[Ktechlab-devel] First try at rewrite

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 6 17:15:40 UTC 2006

I made my first attempt to start a rewrite using kdevelop.

I selected project type C++ >> KDE >> Application Framework (KParts).

The problems I had were:

1. It wouldn't build beacuse I don't have Arts installed. (The only
function of Arts is to take a perfectly functional audio configuration
and break it.)

I built it manually and found (2) a number of depreciation warnings due
to stale templates in Kdevelop.

3. Once built, it failed to run because it needed to link against a
shared library (part of the project) that wasn't installed into it's
final path. Maybe it would have worked if I had arts installed -- which
I very much don't want to do! -- and was able to build it from within
kdevelop.

I deleted the first attempt and I'm studying ktechlab in more detail to
try to figure out how it was built.

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

### NEW E-MAIL: agrimes at speakeasy.net ###