Bahtinov overlay not showing in focus assistant

Patrick Molenaar pr_molenaar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:10:44 BST 2022

Hi,

Last Sunday I upgraded to the latest version of kstars/ekos (3.5.8) on my Raspberry Pi 3 (running astroberry). I was trying to focus using a Bahtinov mask and used the Bahtinov focus assistant. I noticed that the Bahtinov mask overlay was NOT shown on the image. I could see the HFR-graph updating and also got a sharp focus with an HFR below 0.3. However the lines that used to be drawn on top of the image were not shown.

Is anyone else experiencing this with the latest version, or has it been hidden with some button that it can be switched off, or does it have anything to do with the limited resource setting of KStars (which I have switched on)?

I don't have that much time to debug the feature these weeks, hence my post on this form. Otherwise I would be looking into the issue myself.

I also noticed a mail from Jean-Claude JESIOR, see below. Is that related?

Jean-Claude JESIOR <notifications at github.com>
Di 15-03-22 22:55






  *
KDE/kstars

I tried to use the Bahtinov feature this night but I couldn't see any effect : no drawing as shown in the KStars v343 release.
Another point : no explanation can be found concerning the use of the Bahtinov feature in the "Star detection method" pop-up

Kind regards,
Patrick