re "Only Start if Guide Deviation <" feature

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:07:39 BST 2022

Wolfgang,

I don't think Alfred has it quite right, but here's my shot at what might
be wrong.

In order for the pre-capture guide check to be
enforced, prepareActions[ACTION_GUIDER_DRIFT] needs to be set to false.
As far as I can tell, during capture execution it is only set to false
in SequenceJobState::prepareLightFrameCapture in sequencejobstate.cpp line
50
I believe that prepareLightFrameCapture is only called at the start of a
job, and not before each capture, since:

   - it is only called by SequenceJob::prepareCapture()
   - which is called only by Capture::preparePreCaptureActions()
   - which is called by both Capture::scriptFinished (I'm ignoring that,
   doesn't seem relevant) and Capture::prepareActiveJobStage2()
   - which is called by both Capture::scriptFinished (I'm ignoring that,
   doesn't seem relevant) and Capture::prepareActiveJobStage1()
   - which is only called by Capture::prepareJob

and from its title, prepareJob() sounds like it is only called at the start
of a job, not each individual capture.

Perhaps the bug is that there should be an else at this line:
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/blob/master/kstars/ekos/capture/sequencejobstate.cpp#L722
e.g.
else prepareActions[ACTION_GUIDER_DRIFT] = false;

Hy