re "Only Start if Guide Deviation <" feature

amiga2000c at gmx.de amiga2000c at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 23:32:04 BST 2022

Despite the fact that I have absolutely no clue about C++, I had a look
at the code. I think the relevant piece is "capture.cpp".

A passage where 10 checks are being performed (6039-6121) before
"everything is ready for capturing light frames" cought my attention.

Step 6 is check guide deviation. Assuming guiding was suspended and the
last measured guiding deviation was below the limit, this check is passed.
Step 10 is check if guiding was suspended. If so, it is restarted and
according to the comment it is assumed that "everything is ready for
capturing light frames" then.

IMO this is not the case. After resuming guiding, the "check guide
deviation" test must be initiated again and only if it is passed,
"everything is ready for capturing light frames", indeed.

--

In case what I wrote is complete rubbish, please excuse my clueless
comment and ignore it.

Regards
Alfred