Window/Dialog display problem with Kstars on Windows 10

davidjbennett at blueyonder.co.uk davidjbennett at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 13:51:26 BST 2022

Hi,

I would like to raise an issue but unsure how to do this?

Issue description.

Select guiding options from guiding TAB and review or make a change.

Close the options window when done.

Do some other work with another application.

Later select Kstars from the Windows task bar to go back to Kstars.  This
shows me a small icon for the Kstars Planetarium window and alongside a
second icon for the FITS viewer if open.

Select Planetarium window to bring Kstars to the foreground.

I see the options window displayed even though I had previously closed it!

Move mouse to close it and it disappears. I can't find a way of re-closing
it and it continues to pop up like a ghost window.  Its hard to describe all
the details but Kstars windows don't operate as sweetly as they should on
Windows 10.

The FITS viewer is a very handy tool for examining images but the toggle
Fits viewer button in the Kstars planetarium window doesn't do anything!  To
view a FITs file you have to use File > Open image which does open the Fits
viewer. I would like to open the FITS viewer directly from Kstars without
EKOS started but the galaxy icon is greyed out.

System used: Raspberry Pi with Astroberry installed connected to devices.
Kstars running on PC desktop with Profile connected remotely to Raspberry
PI.

Improvement suggestion: It would be really good if the FITS viewer could be
used to step through a sequence of images by pressing up and down keys
rather than having to open just an individual file. In this way you could
rapidly inspect a night's imaging run.

Best regards

David Bennett