KStars - NOMAD bugs

Akarsh Simha akarsh.simha at kdemail.net
Sun Sep 12 11:01:51 BST 2021

Hi Vladimir

The problem you are seeing, my guess is that it is inherent to USNO NOMAD.
I believe this is because the catalog was constructed programmatically from
images, so the sequence of stars that you see around bright stars are from
the diffraction spikes or CCD blooming in the image being detected as
stars. I don’t think it’s a bug in KStars. I’ll have to read up more about
the catalog to confirm this.