Adding the local view to the SkyMap

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 05:11:35 GMT 2021

I encourage you to check out the following MR, and if you like download,
compile and test.
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/230

It's something I've always wanted in KStars--a way to see obstructions from
the trees and buildings nearby on the SkyMap. It also will facilitate
future changes like having the scheduler know when an object falls below an
obstruction, or rises above it. (I know you can do it now to with entry of
line segments, but I believe that's pretty tedious.)

Here's a screenshot of the KStars SkyMap, with the view from my backyard
telescope:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PqkF2mjczoD1QZon9

This MR is still WIP, and has some rough edges, but I believe it is ready
for adventurous testers.

Hy