Scheduler testing

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:29:43 BST 2021

I am excited to finally share MR 305
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/305
which is a refactoring of the scheduler that allows significant unit
testing, though only a single real unit test is provided so far.

I encourage the scheduler experts, Jasem, Eric & Wolfgang, along with
anyone else who would like, to have a look.  Besides critiques of the
approach and MR itself, I would also appreciate concrete suggestions for a
couple specific test cases that should be added.

I imagine that this MR, if successful, will add one or two test cases
before submission. I hope these unit tests would be examples that will
allow many more test cases to be added in the near future by me and ideally
mostly by other contributors!

Hy