How can I connect the compass of my phone with kstars?

Matthew Wong snoopy_94555 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 18:09:47 BST 2021

Hi Jasem and Rani,

If you don’t need movements of the phone to be synced with the mount but rather use it to help with pointing to something you’re pointing your phone at at one point in time, you can use SkySafari and the INDI driver with the same name. Once SkySafari is connected to the scope, switch the SkySafari to compass mode, point to and select the object of interest, switch back to scope and click Goto. I typically forgo the compass part and just drag the sky map around by hand. But it should work this way with the compass as well. This assumes you have the mount already aligned so that SkySafari and the mount have a pretty good idea where they’re already pointed.

Best regards,
Matt